Azure Synapse Analytics Studio enables Data Engineers, Data Scientists and IT Professionals to collaborate. It’s a place where they can develop end-to-end data solutions within a single platform and experience.
Azure Synapse Analytics Studio
In my previous blog post, I highlighted some of the key features of the new workspace experience for Azure Synapse Analytics. Today’s post focuses on a component where we could spend a lot of time developing solutions, discovering data and answering business questions: Azure Synapse Analytics Studio.
At first sight, when we open Azure Synapse Analytics studio, we find the following screen:
1. Azure Synapse Analytics Activity Hubs:
- Home: a welcome/initial section (the one highlighted in the screenshot)
- Data: explore your data inside Azure Synapse Analytics (Storage Accounts, databases, datasets)
- Develop: create SQL Scripts, Notebooks, Data Flows, Spark Jobs, Power BI Reports and more
- Integrate: define and create your Azure Data Factory data movement pipelines
- Monitor: monitor the execution of Azure Data Factory activities to ensure that they are running without errors, monitor Spark activities and your SQL Pools
- Manage: grant access to different users, manage Azure data factory linked services, integration run-times and triggers
2. A welcome section with some shortcuts to start developing
- Recent Scripts that you have been working on
- Pinned Scripts that are important
4. You will use your Azure AD credentials to login into the Azure Synapse Analytics workspace experience.
I expect that security plays an important role to limit access and permission based on your Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
Azure Synapse Analytics Studio will bring a new world of developer experiences for the data professional.
When I build an end-to-end solution for a client, I often use the following tools when focusing on a Data Warehouse solution:
- SQL Server Management Studio / Azure Data Studio
- Azure Data Factory Portal
- Azure Storage Explorer
- Power BI
With the new unified experience, it will be possible to speed up the time that takes to build actionable insights for my customers.
In upcoming blog posts, I will cover more detailed information about the other hubs within Azure Synapse Analytics Studio.